This is a Colombian dish, it’s name literally meaning over the belly (flank). When one of my husband’s childhood friends was here visiting he said it tasted like “home” cooking! This pressure cooked version is a nice, quick meal any weekday evening. Make rice and serve the liquid on top.
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 4 unpeeled potatoes, cubed
- 1 pkg of Sazón GOYA
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season meat with Sazon, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and brown meat on both sides. Add onions, tomatoes, potatoes and garlic. Pour in broth and beer, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place top on securely, and put pressure disc on top.
- Cook in pressure cooker 35 minutes. Turn off and wait for pressure to release.