A lime-tarragon marinade for juicy flavorful chicken pieces – moist and delicious. I like to marinate the pieces and cook them on the grill for a nice summer meal.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds chicken pieces
- Place olive oil, lime juice, onion, tarragon, salt, and hot sauce into a large, resealable plastic bag; shake to mix. Add chicken pieces, coat with marinade, squeeze out air, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate. Remove chicken from marinade, and shake off excess. Season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken for about 30 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.
- Can also be broiled indoors – place chicken skin side up on rack 6 inches from broiler heat. Cook slowly until tender, turning and basting frequently, about 45 minutes.