Known in Spanish as Ceviche de Camarones, this shrimp dish is very popular on the Atlantic and Pacific coasts of Colombia as well as in Ecuador.
- 1.5 lb bag frozen medium shrimp
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 medium to large fresh tomato, diced
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ritz crackers for serving
- Quick thaw frozen shrimp and drain. Place in a large glass bowl.
- Add the ketchup, lime juice, onion, cilantro, chopped tomato, Tabasco sauce, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine all ingredients and serve cold with Ritz crackers.