This is a great roast for a holiday meal or Sunday dinner. Use a standard meat thermometer, oven temperature probe, or an instant read thermometer to test the roast for doneness.
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- 1 pork rib roast, about 4 to 5 pounds
- salt and pepper, or Adobo
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs, such as a combination of thyme, sage, and rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Line a large baking pan or roasting pan with foil and place a rack in the pan. Place the roast on the rack and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Combine the herbs, garlic, and olive oil and mix well. Rub over the pork roast.
- Roast at 450° for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° and continue roasting until the temperature reaches 145° to 150°.
- Let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.